Thursday, August 12, 2010

Our Maple Dog

RIP
Maple
2007-2010

Yesterday, we left for math tutoring a little early so that we could eat some fast food. After Christian and Grayson finished, we went to Target on the way home. We were gone for about four and a half hours. Maple was in the backyard with shade and before we left Grayson filled her big bowl with ice water. When we came home, she was dead. She still had water in her bowl.


I called a friend who has two of her litter mates and she told me that their father died before they were born. I think remember that story. Maybe she had some congenital defect that made her more susceptible to heat than other dogs of her breed. I wish I had left her inside in her crate. She was the sweetest, gentlest, happiest dog I have ever known.

I am so sad.





2 comments:

  1. I am sorry for your family losing a pet is difficult. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, how sudden and awful! I'm so sorry for your family...losing a pet is so hard.

    ReplyDelete