Thursday, September 16, 2010

Read-Aloud Thursday

This is another good one from this series. You Wouldn't Want to Be in Alexander the Great's Army follows the military campaigns of Alexander from the perspective of foot soldier. It has all the sort of information that little boys love- soldiers freezing to death, starving to death, being trampled by elephants, etc. That said it doesn't give much information about Alexander.

We did read the page on Alexander the Great out of Usborne's Internet-linked History Encyclopedia and that helped. I had planned to read The Life and Times of Alexander the Great. However, I have almost lost my voice this week, so my throat just wasn't up for it.

I read/skimmed through it and I think Duncan would have enjoyed it. It gave some really good historical information about Alexander the Great.

No comments:

Post a Comment